We provide a broad spectrum of legal and consulting services for nonprofit organizations, including formation, obtaining tax exemption with federal and state agencies, and on-going advice and counsel.
Formation Services include:
- Entity selection (i.e. public benefit, mutual benefit, religious, benefit/social purpose corporation)
- Preparation and filing of formation documents (i.e. Articles)
- Preparation and filing of other organizational documents (i.e. Bylaws, minutes of initial board meeting, California state registrations, conflict of interest and other policies)
Tax Exemption Services include:
- Consultation regarding exempt purpose
- Preparation and filing of tax exemption application with IRS (i.e. 501(c)(3) public charity or private foundation, 501(c)(4) social welfare organizations, 501(c)(6) business leagues)
- Preparation and filing of tax exemption application with California FTB
- Preparation and filing of registration with California Attorney General’s Registry of Charitable Trusts
Advice and Counsel Services include:
- Contract preparation and review
- Consulting on good governance, avoiding private inurement, and conflict of interest issues
- Establishing scholarship programs
- Review and update of bylaws and exempt purposes
- Trade and service mark filings
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Liquidation and dissolution
- Reliable and trustworthy referrals in the areas of employment low, real estate purchases and leases, business litigation, intellectual property litigation, tax controversies, and others.
Ready to talk with an attorney?
Contact our office for a complimentary consultation to discuss your organization's needs.